MEDI-CAL - CDHCS
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES
September 2023 - Changes in asset rules
New changes to Medi-Cal asset rules mean more people can keep their coverage. Current Medi-Cal members do not need to report assets during their eligibility renewal. A new law means assets will not be counted during Medi-Cal renewals.
• You do not need to report assets, such as bank accounts, property, and vehicles.
• You do not need to submit proof of your assets with your renewal form.
• Your Medi-Cal office cannot ask you for asset information.
• Renewal forms in 2023 will still ask for asset information. You do not need to complete this section.
• Starting in January 2024, renewal forms will no longer ask for this information.KeepMediCalCoverage.org
----------------------------------April 2023 - End of pandemic eligibility reviews
Medi-Cal covers vital health care services, including doctor visits, prescriptions, vaccinations, hospital visits, mental health care, and more. With the official declarations of the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cali…