The Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (MCAH) Program provides pregnant parents and families with young children free home visits that are tailored to the families' specific needs.
Nurses can meet families in the comfort of their own home or by phone to provide:
• Information about health, caring for your baby, breast/chest feeding, development, parenting, safety, family planning and more
• Links to local services for healthcare, housing, food, transportation, day care, etc.
• Moving Beyond Depression Program for parents with postpartum depression or anxiety
Who can benefit:
• Parents with health concerns during or after pregnancy
• Children and youth with special healthcare needs
• Young and/or first-time parents
• Families without health insurance, are low income, or are homeless
• Families grieving the death of a child
This program is available to all Nevada County.
This is a Ready to Grow (R2G) resource. Ready to Grow is a First 5 Nevada County program to connect child…