Results for: Utilities

Narrow your search:

27 results found.



  • After-Hours

211 Connecting Point can refer people to other 211 call centers in California. 211 Call Center Representatives can access a PDF document that contains County, Phone Number, Lead Entity, Website, and State Region served.

California 211 Direct Phone Numbers
2‑1‑1 is a free telephone number providing access to local community services.
2‑1‑1 is available in multiple languages, allowing people access to information and to obtain referrals for resources such as physical and mental health, housing, utility, food, transportation, employment assistance, and suicide and crisis interventions. 2‑1‑1 also provides disaster preparedness, response, and recovery during declared emergencies.

County Number
Alameda 888-886-9660
Alpine During disasters only
Amador No 211 service
Butte 866-916-3566
Calaveras During disasters only
Colusa During disasters only
Contra Costa -----------------------------------…
[read more]


location_on A
  • 208 Sutton Way
    Grass Valley, Nevada

211 Connecting Point provides information about rotating power outages / rolling blackouts.

AUGUST 2020 HEATWAVE - During heatwaves, the California Independent System Operator (CAISO), the organization that runs the state’s electric grid, can call for rotating outages statewide to protect the stability of the grid. All utilities in the state – including PG&E have been called on to participate.

These outages should last between 1 to 2 hours for most customers. These are not Public Safety Power Shutoffs due to extreme fire danger, and are not related to any issues with PG&E’s equipment or its ability to deliver energy locally.

FAQs -

California Independent System Operator

[read more]


location_on B
  • 11542 B Avenue
    Auburn, Placer
  • Phone 1

CalWORKs is a public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have a child(ren) in the home. The program serves all 58 counties in the state and is operated locally by county welfare departments.

The County of Placer has four CalWORKs offices: Rocklin, Carnelian Bay (Tahoe), and two in Auburn. Services available at each location differ. See detail below.

If a family has little or no cash and needs housing, food, utilities, clothing or medical care, they may be eligible to receive immediate short-term help. Families that apply and qualify for ongoing assistance receive money each month to help pay for housing, food and other necessary expenses.

The amount of a family‘s monthly assistance payment depends on a number of factors, including the number of people who are eligible and the special needs of any of those family members. The income of the family is considered in calculating the amount of cash aid the family receives.

Generally, servic… [read more]


location_on C
  • 3091 County Center Drive Suite 220
    Auburn, Placer
  • Water

Public Works provides a wide range of public services such as:
  • Bus Service/Transit
    • Placer County Transit (PCT)
    • Dial-A-Ride
    • Placer Commuter Express (PCE)
    • Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART)
  • Environmental Utilities (Garbage/Recycling, Sewer, Water)
  • Floodplain Management
  • Maintenance of County Vehicles
  • Public Works Engineering
  • Road Maintenance
    • Provides roadside tree and vegetation control
    • Emergency roadway hazard response
    • Repairs and maintains bridges
    • Maintains roadway signs, striping, and traffic signals
    • Snow removal in eastern Placer County, including North Lake Tahoe
    • Provides an encroachment permit for minor work in and around county maintained roads
    • Road issues/concerns can be reported to Placer County Connect
  • Stormwater Quality
    • Reduces pollutants in stormwater runoff
    • Eliminates non-stormwater discharges
    • Lessens the long-term impacts of stormwater discharges from development, business and municipal activities
    • Educates the public about stormw…
[read more]

AMI HOUSING, INC #72031456

location_on D
  • 11768 Atwood Road, Suite 6
    Auburn, Placer
  • 833-422-4255
    Housing is Key COVID-19 Assistance Line

CA COVID-19 Rent Relief is a state-wide program for renters and landlords. If you are an income eligible landlord or renter in Nevada County and need help with past due, current, or future rent or utilities because of a financial hardship caused by COVID-19, you may be eligible for assistance through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program. Payments will be made directly to landlords and utility providers. 

Applications opened on March 17, 2021. For Nevada County, this statewide rent relief is available through Housing Is Key. AMI Housing provides rent relief in Nevada County and will contact eligible applicants who apply through the state's website ( or the state COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center (833-430-2122).

Visit or call 833-430-2122 to check eligibility, find a Local Partner Network organization near you, and apply today! 

Call for assistance
  • 833-430-2122 - CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center - For additional information, to find a …
[read more]

AMI HOUSING, INC #65391549

location_on E
  • 11768 Atwood Road, Suite #6
    Auburn, Placer

AMI Housing, Inc (AMIH) is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that provides housing, employment  and life skills programs to residents of Placer & Nevada County, who otherwise might be homeless. AMIH also manages and operates Nevada County Housing Development Corporation.​

Nevada County NCHDC Programs

MHSA Permanent Housing (Winters Haven) - 12 beds available

NCHDC owns two single family homes, all funded through the California Mental Health Services Act.  Residents receive supportive services through a partnership with Nevada County Behavioral Health and Turning Point Community Programs.  There is no time limit for residency and each resident has their own room.  Residents pay approximately 30% of their income towards rent and utilities. 

Summer’s Haven / Home Anew HUD Permanent Housing - 21 one or two bedroom apartments

Residents pay up to 30% of their income for rent and utilities.  Individuals will receive supportive… [read more]

AMI HOUSING, INC #65391547

location_on F
  • 11768 Atwood Road, Suite #6
    Auburn, Placer

AMI Housing, Inc (AMIH) is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that provides transitional housing, employment  and life skills programs to residents of Placer & Nevada County, who otherwise might be homeless. AMIH also manages and operates Nevada County Housing Development Corporation.

Placer County AMIH Programs

Transitional Housing - 24 beds available

Six residents share homes located in Roseville, Rocklin, or Auburn for up to two years.  This program is designed to support individuals in their recovery process.  Individual goals are identified and residents are supported in their efforts to live independently within the community.  Supportive Services are provided by our case manager, Turning Point Community Programs, and through our partnership with the Placer County Adult System of Care. Groceries, transportation, rent, utilities, and supportive services are included. 

Transitional Age Youth Housing - 5 beds available

Fiv… [read more]


location_on G
  • 3031 Stanford Ranch Road 2-420
    Rocklin, Placer

Our transitional housing program provides up to 12 months for each household in a recreational vehicle.

Everyone Matters Ministries provides:
  • A safe space for individuals, couples, or families to live for up to 12 months
  • Weekly boxes of food
  • ​Financial literacy
  • Increased employability
  • Emotional and spiritual support

Transitional Housing:
Through a fleet of Recreational Vehicles or RV's, we are able to provide a transitional housing environment to individuals, couples, or families to have a safe space to live for up to 12 months. We want to help them experience safety, love, and healing so they can overcome the hurdles that led to their circumstances of homelessness.

Each household is required to pay a small program fee, meet with a mentor/case manager, work, and save money each month towards future housing.

Food Ministry:
Every Friday, we partner with the Placer Food Bank to provide large boxes of food to each household in our program to help offset grocery costs… [read more]

PROJECT GO, INC. #13871002

location_on H
  • 801 Vernon Street
    Roseville, Placer
  • Phone 1

Project GO's Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP.) offers:
  • Weatherization assistance
    • Assistance to low-income residents to reduce their energy costs by installing attic and floor insulation, door weather-stripping, caulking, low flow water devices, energy efficient lighting, repairing or replacing defective heating/cooling units, water heaters, refrigerators, microwave ovens, or other appliances and minor home repairs.
  • Wood/oil/propane assistance
  • Utility (emergency and non-emergency) payment assistance. Amount of financial assistance depends on household size, income, amount of bill, and availability of funding. LIHEAP may be able to help with up to $1,000 for a bill that high or higher if funding is available. For income eligibility and program information, call (888) 524-5705 and follow the prompts (as applicable): 
    - If your utilities have been shut off or you have no propane: PRESS 1, when prompted.
    - If you have recei…
[read more]


location_on I
  • 311 Vernon Street
    Roseville, Placer
  • City of Roseville

To assist residents with energy and water efficiency projects, Roseville Electric Utility and Environmental Utilities offer rebates to lower the cost of your utility service and help pay for a portion of the upfront costs for energy and water efficiency improvement projects.

  • City of Roseville Utility Rebates: Water customers can receive rebates to assist with projects that save water.
  • City of Roseville also rebates customers $1.00 per square foot of turf grass removed and replaced with water efficient landscape up to $1000 per address.

Energy / Overall Utility

During COVID-19, the following services are available:
  • Electric Rate Assistance Program: a 15% discount on electric service for residents meeting certain income criteria.
  • Electric Residential Relief Program: short-term assistance program is designed to support residents who may be struggling financially as a result of COVID-19. Qualifying customers will receive a one-time credit on their electric bill.
  • Partial payme…
[read more]