211 Connecting Point provides information about the Caldor Fire as relevant to Nevada County and Placer County, including Tahoe/Truckee.REGISTER FOR ALERTS
For the most up-to-date information on evacuations and wildfire preparedness, refer to your area’s page below and sign-up for Nixle Text alerts by texting your zip code to 888777HAVE A PLANNevada County has evacuated tags, Know Your Evacuation Zone fridge magnets, postcards, Ready, Set, Go! Handbooks, and more that are currently available at the Truckee Library, the Truckee Police Department, and the Truckee Fire Protection DistrictEVACUATIONCal Fire incident page
- https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2021/8/14/caldor-fire/NEVADA COUNTY SHELTER
- Truckee Veterans Hall, 10214 High Street, Truckee, CA 96161
Other evacuation shelters are in El Dorado and Amador counties. See Cal Fire's incident page here
.ANIMAL EVACUATION CENTERS
El Dorado County Sheriff EVACUATION MAP
- El Dorado and Amador counties as well as Nevada state locations are available on the Cal Fire incident page here.
including EVACUATION SHELTER LOCATIONS.EVACUATION LANGUAGE AND DEFINITIONS
ADDITIONAL WILDFIRE RESOURCESPlacer County: Nevada County: EVACUEE RESOURCES
- Evacuation Order: Immediate threat to life and lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access
- Evacuation Warning: Potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
- Shelter in Place: Go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
For the latest updates
on the Caldor Fire, please click here
. Food Distribution
: All of our hunger relief partners continue to operate normal food distribution services in zones not evacuated by the Caldor fire. For those evacuated, see the following options:
- The Sierra Community House has distributed Emergency Food Bags to the emergency shelter at Veteran's Hall.
- The Tahoe Food Hub has giving boxes available at their warehouse located at the airport on Friday from 9 am-7 pm (12116 Chandelle Way Unit D, Truckee, CA). Sign up here. Tahoe Food Hub will have 400 giving boxes for distribution on Friday, 9-3-2021. Boxes will have fresh fruits and veggies from local farms in the Sierra Foothills. The food requires little to no meal prep. Food is mostly ready to eat fruit or veggies like sweet peppers and carrots for cutting up for dips and hummus or lettuce for salads. It will make great on-the-go meals or snacks for between meals. Here is the link to sign up for a box: https://forms.gle/qPEQYMSx9AqVF1Dk9
Evacuation shelters, including Veteran's Hall for Caldor Fire evacuees, are staffed by the Red Cross. Become a volunteer
to support on-going and future efforts to support disaster relief.Donate
- Help People Affected
At this time, volunteers at the Veteran's Hall are not able to accept clothing, food items, or cash. Anyone wishing to donate money can do so through the following means:
- The Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation which is accepting donations through the Tahoe/Truckee Emergency Response Fund to support our neighboring communities that have been impacted by wildfires. Donations received during this time will be distributed into local nonprofits and community foundations who are working directly with their communities to support those impacted by this severe wildfire season.
- The El Dorado Community Foundation is also directly supporting families impacted by the Caldor fire through the Caldor Fire Fund and has an application for direct assistance.
Watch CALFIRE's incident briefings held nightly at 5pm via Facebook Live
(Password: 868884).SERVICE IMPACTSBoys and Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe Extends Services
The Kings Beach Clubhouse
was scheduled to be closed this week to transition from Summer to School Year programs; however, they have remained open due to the need for childcare services in our community. Youth programming (Kinder - Teens) will be open Tuesday, August 31 - Thursday, September 2 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. This service is intended for families of essential/emergency workers and families with no other childcare options. 3. No registration necessary, but a current membership is required. Reach out to Mindy at email@example.com
if you have any questions.North Lake Tahoe and Truckee Park and Ride Program Cancelled For Labor Day Weekend
Due to the Caldor Fire, the Placer County-sponsored Regional Park and Ride program
that has been available throughout the summer is canceled for Labor Day Weekend. All National Forests in California are now closed, in addition to the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit.All Nevada State Parks and California State Parks in Tahoe are closed.