NEVADA COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
950 Maidu Avenue Suite 130
Nevada City, Nevada
Find your Nevada County evacuation zone at community.zonehaven.com
. In the event of a wildfire or other emergency situation, law enforcement and fire agencies issue evacuation warnings or evacuation orders for affected areas. These notices are issued for a ZONE
with an EVACUATION STATUS
Authorities will use Zone Names (a combination of letters and numbers) in emergency alerts, media releases, and on social media to notify residents which areas are under an evacuation warning or order. Follow the 3 steps below to find and remember your zone. ZONE -
Find & Know Your Zone
To understand whether your area is under an evacuation warning or order, you need to know your Zone Name (a combination of letters and numbers). It is important to remember your zone name.
1. Go to community.zonehaven.com
2. Enter your address into the search bar
3. Find your zone in the pop-up window and write it down
Download the Know Your Zone print at home instructions and reminder card here: https://www.nevadacountyca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/38307/zone_printable?bidId= EVACUATION STATUS -
Evacuation Status Levels Definitions
- Evacuation Order - An immediate threat to life. This is a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access.
- Evacuation Warning - A potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
- Advisory - A notice to be on alert and follow county recommendations.
- Clear To Repopulate - It is safe to return to your home. Be aware of your surroundings and go through the returning home checklist.
- Shelter In Place - An order to go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
- Normal - There is no current knowledge of threats affecting your area and that you can carry on with normal activity.