AMI HOUSING, INC
AMIH new / Covid Rent Relief
11768 Atwood Road, Suite 6
Housing is Key COVID-19 Assistance Line
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief is a state-wide program for renters and landlords. If you are an income eligible landlord or renter in Nevada County and need help with past due, current, or future rent or utilities because of a financial hardship caused by COVID-19, you may be eligible for assistance through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program. Payments will be made directly to landlords and utility providers.
Applications opened on March 17, 2021. For Nevada County
, this statewide rent relief is available through Housing Is Key. AMI Housing provides rent relief in Nevada County and will contact eligible applicants who apply through the state's website (HousingIsKey.com) or the state COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center (833-430-2122).
or call 833-430-2122 to check eligibility, find a Local Partner Network organization near you, and apply today! Call for assistance
- 833-430-2122 - CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center - For additional information, to find a Local Partner Network organization near you, or for eligibility and application help.
- 833-422-4255 - California Housing is Key COVID-19 Assistance Line
Am I Eligible?
Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021.Eligibility Criteria
If one or more individuals in your household meet the following criteria, you are eligible to apply:
- Household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
AND if you've experienced one of the following:
- Lost income or qualified for unemployment benefits
(current or expired)
- Incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial
- Risk of homelessness, housing instability, or eviction, which may include: a past-due utility or rent notice or eviction notice; unsafe or unhealthy living conditions; or any other evidence of such risk, as determined by the program
Applicants will not be asked about their citizenship, nor will they be required to show proof of citizenship.LANDLORDS
Am I Eligible?
If you are a landlord who has one or more eligible renters, you can apply to get reimbursed for 80% of each eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent for that specific time period.
- All payments must be used to satisfy the renter’s unpaid rent for the period between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021
- Your renters must take steps to verify that they meet eligibility requirements and sign the application
- Your renter’s household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)