PLACER FOOD BANK
8284 Industrial Ave.
Placer County Food Bank's Feed Our Future
program provides food assistance. Feed Our Future reaches out to food insecure children, rural communities and more. Under this umbrella, services that are offered include:
- Free Drive-thru Food distributions (formerly "Free Farmers Markets") at the following locations:
- Cameron Park, Colfax, Forest Hill, Georgetown, Lincoln, Placerville, Pollock Pines, Rocklin, Sheridan.
- Backpack program
- Roseville City, Western Placer, and Auburn School Districts
- For children who live in food insecure households, meaning they do not know with certainty where their next meal will come from. Most of these children rely on meals provided by national school meal programs as their primary source of food. When Monday arrives many of these children complain of stomach aches, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, or are simply absent from school. The Backpack program provides these children with nutritious, easy-to-prepare food for weekends and holidays when school is not in session. Placer Food Bank assembles and distributes 987 packages of child-friendly snacks and meals each week to several high-need schools in the Roseville City, Western Placer, and Auburn School Districts. Packages are distributed to the students on Friday afternoons, who then tuck them into their backpacks before they head home for the weekend.
- School Pantry
- The School Pantry program is ideal for schools serving students that have an adult available to prepare and cook meals for them. Placer Food Bank supplies a family sized bag of produce one week and nonperishable food the next. School Pantry encourages families to experiment with new healthy recipes, share their love of cooking and sit and enjoy a meal together. Placer Food Bank distributes family bags of food benefiting 560 families per week.