PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
11484 B Avenue
This program's goal is to implement policy, systems and environmental change projects along with nutrition and physical activity education interventions for eligible populations by:
- Increasing consumption and access to healthy dietary choices where people live, learn, work, or play
- Reducing consumption and/or appeal of unhealthy dietary choices
- Increase access to and/or appeal of physical activity opportunities
- Educating the Placer County SNAP-Ed population on healthy choices
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Education: A variety of nutrition and physical activity lessons and workshops are available to eligible schools, community groups, and organizations. A few examples include nutrition lessons, CATCH physical activity, cooking, Harvest of the Month (HOTM), and HOTM Kits for teachers.
- Policy Systems and Environmental Change Projects (PSE): PSE projects focus on improving the health of Placer County residents where they live, learn, work, or play. A few examples of PSE projects included school wellness policies, active transportation, and murals that promote healthy habits.
- Placer County Nutrition Action Partnership: The CNAP Partnership includes public, private, and non-profit organizations collaborating to create a healthier community. For more information please visit the Placer County CNAP webpage. View the Placer County Nutrition Action Partnership Information Sheet (PDF) for more information.