PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
11484 B Avenue
Kings Beach - Tahoe WIC
Breast Feeding Peer Counselor Program
Breast Feeding Support
Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) is a Supplemental Nutrition Program which helps families eat well, be active and stay healthy.
WIC helps families by providing:
- Checks - WIC provides special checks for healthy foods for each participant on the program. These checks can be used at authorized WIC vendors/grocers to buy specific types and quantities of food. To view a complete WIC shopping guide, click the button to the right.
- Nutrition Information - WIC provides information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
- Breastfeeding Support - WIC provides new and expecting moms with information and resources to get them ready to feed their new babies.
- Referrals - WIC can help you and your family find a healthcare provider and medical home and provide referrals to other social services such as Medi-Cal, CalWorks, CalFresh and more depending on your individual needs.
- WIC Card - WIC provides healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, peanut butter, dried beans, soy milk tofu, and more for each participant in the program. The WIC Card can be used at authorized WIC vendors/grocers to buy specific types and quantities of food.
The purpose of WIC is to improve the health of families during critical times of growth and development.