211 provides information about the Economic Impact Payment program (stimulus checks OR cards) of the IRS. These payments will be sent to many people to support them through the economic impacts of the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic. Economic stimulus payments are not taxable.JANUARY 2021 ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTShttps://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments
Some people will receive a direct deposit to their bank accounts.
Some people will receive their payment in the form of an Economic Impact Payment Card
.What is the Economic Impact Payment Card?
(updated January 4, 2021) https://www.eipcard.com/faq
The Economic Impact Payment (EIP) Card is a prepaid debit card distributed to eligible recipients that contains the first round of Economic Impact Payments under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) or the second round of Economic Impact Payments under the COVID-related Tax Relief Act of 2020. The EIP Card is sponsored by the Department of the Treasury Bureau of the Fiscal Service, managed by Money Network Financial, LLC and issued by Treasury’s financial agent, MetaBank®, N.A. For more information about Economic Impact Payments: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments
See more card info at https://www.eipcard.com/
. The card is a debit card, requiring activation and the creation of a pin number. It can be used as a debit card, or the funds can be transferred to a bank account. Info about how to transfer to a bank account, and other FAQs are at: https://www.eipcard.com/faq How can I find the balance of my EIP Card?
(updated January 4, 2021)
There are three ways to access your EIP Card account balance information and transaction history:
Can I transfer the funds from my EIP Card to my bank account?
- Online: View your balance and transaction history online any time at EIPCard.com.
- By phone: Call 1.800.240.8100 to hear your balance and transaction history using our automated voice response system.
- Mobile App: Download the Money Network Mobile App2 at the App Store® or on Google Play™.
Yes, you can easily transfer the funds from your EIP Card to an existing bank account online at EIPCard.com or using the Money Network Mobile App. You will need the Routing and Account number for your bank account. It will be what’s called an ACH (Automated Clearing House) transfer. To transfer funds:
- Call 1.800.240.8100 to activate your Card.
- Register for online or mobile app access by going to EIPCard.com and click Login or go to the Money Network Mobile App2 and click on “Register”. Follow the steps to create your User ID and Password. Be sure to have your EIP Card handy.
- Select Move Money Out and follow the steps to set up your ACH transfer. Transfers should post to your bank account in 1-2 business days.
2020 ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS
Following is information about the Economic Impact Payments (also referred to as stimulus payments or stimulus checks).
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (STIMULUS)
Distribution of economic impact payments began in the first three weeks of April. Payments will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people. However, some taxpayers who typically do not file returns will need to submit a simple tax return to receive the economic impact payment.
Additional links:Telephone Assistance:
IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.Background
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
The CARES Act was signed into federal law on Friday, March 27, 2020. The state of California issued a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions document to help make sense of the new $2.1 trillion relief legislation: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/DocumentCenter/View/33896/CARES-Act-FAQ