• 3091 County Center Drive #180
    Auburn, Placer
  • Placer County HHS Environmental Health: Auburn
  • Placer County HHS Environmental Health: Tahoe

​Environmental Health is a Division of County of Placer Health & Human Services.

Environmental Health specialists regularly monitor and inspect the below for health and safety standards:
  • Restaurants, food trucks, grocery stores, convenience stores, caterers and food vendors at community events
  • Public swimming pools, spas and body art facilities
  • Landfills, transfer stations, and facilities storing waste tires
  • Gas stations, vehicle repair shops and other commercial facilities that store and dispose of hazardous materials like oil, gasoline and diesel
  • Water well installations
  • Septic system installations
  • Contaminated site clean ups
  • Small public water suppliers

Environmental Health also responds to and investigates incidents and complaints regarding:
  • Chemical spills
  • Food poisoning
  • Garbage
  • Public pools or spas
  • Restaurants and other food facilities
  • Sewage on the ground
  • Sub-standard housing
  • Tattoo or body art shops

For food poisoning complaints please call Environmental Health directly at 530-745-2300. Be prepared to provide a three day food history.

Complaint Forms
You may print out a copy of the complaint form (PDF) available on Environmental Health Divison's website, to fill out by hand or use the online form. You may submit the complaint form by fax, mail, or in person.

To submit a solid waste or nuisance complaint regarding a short-term rental property in the Tahoe region above 5,000 feet in elevation, please contact the Host Compliance Hotline at 530-448-8003. Short-term rental related complaints may also be submitted online at http://www.hostcompliance.com/tips.

River Fire Recovery
NOTICE: Placer County health officials strongly recommend no habitation of destroyed property until property is declared clear of hazardous waste and structural ash and debris by Placer County Environmental Health.

  • 530-745-2300 - Placer County HHS Environmental Health: Auburn 
  • 530-581-6348 - Placer County HHS Environmental Health: Tahoe
  • environmentalhealth@placer.ca.gov - Auburn
  • envhealthtahoe@placer.ca.gov - Tahoe

Placer County officials also recommend reading the following Hazards Advisory: https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/54295/River-Fire-Re-entry-Instructions?bidId=

Consolidated Debris Removal Program - Government program accessible through Placer County's Environmental Health division.

To Apply
Complete a Right of Entry (ROE) permit application here. Property Owners must complete a Right-of-Entry (ROE) Permit Application for Debris and/or Hazard Tree Removal on Private Property and provide necessary paperwork (outlined in the ROE permit application) to enroll in the Government program. Please only submit ONE application per property.

To Withdraw
If you would like to withdraw from the Consolidated Debris Removal Program after submission of your ROE form, contact Placer County Environmental Health at environmentalhealth@placer.ca.gov or 530-745-2300 to obtain an ROE withdrawal form. ROE withdrawal forms must be received prior to commencement of debris removal on your property. ROE withdrawal forms may take up to 3 business days to process.