ASSISTANCE LEAGUE OF GREATER PLACER: THRIFT STORE
1263 Grass Valley Highway
Assistance League Thrift Shop is managed and staffed completely by member volunteers and is stocked with gently-used clothing and merchandise. All funds raised at the Thrift Shop are returned to the local area through chapter programs.
Services and Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Angels for Aging - Volunteers from Assistance League provide visits, gifts, and cards to residents of Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in our communities. ALF's who currently have an agreement for this program are below:
- Kids on the Block - An educational puppet program performed in schools to enlighten children (in grades 1, 2, and 3) about bullying, school safety, and learning differences.
- Every single elementary school in Greater Placer area are sent the materials to sign up for this program
- Dress for Success - A program providing women and men entering or re-entering the workforce with job appropriate clothing.
- Must be referred by agencies on a list (more info. to come)
- No screening process. If no items are available at the thrift shop, Assistance League will take people shopping.
- Operation School Bell - An outreach program which gives school children an opportunity to shop for new school clothing and shoes.
- Assistance League's Technical Team sends out recommendations to schools on who may participate in this program.
- An agreement is in place with 4 different Targets in the area.
- Operation School Bell begins in October. No cut off time. Emergencies throughout the year as needed for clothing and shoes.
- Community Assistance
- One time, special need requests can receive assistance IF referred by select agencies. Examples include: PGE bill assistance or car repair. Not on a continued basis. One-time financial assistance.