NEVADA COUNTY COMMUNITY LIBRARY
Nevada County Community Library reopens all branches with limited hours and capacity starting April 7, 2021. Patrons can come for 30 minutes to browse and check out materials. Hours and capacity vary by branch.
Computer availability will vary by location. Initially, computers for one 30-minute session per day will be available at Grass Valley, Truckee, and Penn Valley library branches.
Local branch hours and services - https://www.mynevadacounty.com/297/Locations
Reopening FAQs - https://www.mynevadacounty.com/3207/Reopening-FAQS
Library COVID-19 Updates - https://www.mynevadacounty.com/2976/Library-Covid-19-Updates
Offers comprehensive public library services to residents of Nevada County, including:
- Reference assistance and access to digital database resources.
- Borrowing privileges for books, movies, music, and electronic format materials.
- Access to a computer lab with internet, printers, and a 3-D printer.
- Computer and technology classes.
- Story time and reading programs for children and teens.
- Gene Albaugh Community Room meeting space for community groups
- One-on-one tutoring to improve reading and writing skills for individuals age 16 and up
- Book Buddy program to deliver circulation materials to home bound individuals
- Interlibrary Loan provides access to materials from libraries outside of Nevada County
- Offers scholarships and needed supplies for Online High School diploma completion program
- The Marian E. Gallagher, M.D. Amphitheater at the Madelyn Helling branch location available for public performances. Contact the library for details.
This is one of many possible First 5 Nevada County Ready to Grow (R2G) program resources.