CALIFORNIA BRAILLE AND TALKING BOOK LIBRARY
900 N Street
Braille and Talking Books for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. California Braille and Talking Book Library offers free
services to anyone who can't read standard print materials because of a physical disability including those who can't hold a book.
California State Library services:
- CA State Library specializes in providing library services to individuals with visual impairments
- CA State Library loans braille, cassette and digital talking books, magazines and playback equipment to Northern Californians unable to read conventional print
- Reading materials and magazines are provided in alternate formats, including Braille, cassette, and digital flash memory cartridge
- The book collection contains thousands of fiction and nonfiction titles, including classics, biographies, mysteries, westerns, romances, politics, how-to, and self-help guides
- A reading and reference room is available along with a Braille embosser
- There is a small collection of locally recorded books of California interest on cassette
- Downloadable digital audio books are also available for eligible library patrons
- Playback equipment is available free of charge on an ongoing basis as long as it is being used
Library personnel are always on site for help with any questions from patrons.