NEVADA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
950 Maidu Avenue
Nevada City, Nevada
Crime Tip Line
Provides law enforcement services for the unincorporated areas of Nevada County including units for Patrol, Major Crime, Narcotics, Search and Rescue and Animal Control. Provides Coroner Services for the entire county. Offers employment related fingerprinting and child fingerprinting.
- It is unlawful to discharge a firearm in Nevada County from 5pm to 9am. To report gunshots between 5pm and 9am call Sheriff's office non-emergency dispatch number: 530-265-7880. For gun questions during regular business hours call 530-265-1471.
- To file complaints regarding the NCSO, call 530-265-1471 during regular business hours.
- If someone has fallen and cannot get up, or a caregiver cannot get them up, call 911. Even if it may not be a life threatening emergency, 911 will route the call to someone who can help. This is called “lift assistance” it may also be described as:
- fall assistance, someone had a fall, someone fell and cannot get up without help, someone needs help getting up, someone may need help getting up, needs help lifting someone who fell, need help lifting someone who has fallen. If someone needs ongoing support for this kind of situation, they can be referred to the following organizations for information and resources.
- Nevada County - Falls Prevention Coalition, Senior Outreach Nurse, One Source Empowering Caregivers, FREED
- Placer County - Placer Independent Resource Services (PIRS), Seniors First
- FIREWORKS - Except for official fireworks shows, all fireworks, even those labeled as “safe and sane” are illegal to transport, possess or use in all of Nevada County, including the city limits.