US DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
11985 Heritage Oak Pl, Suite 100
24/7 access to VA's services for homeless/at-risk Veterans
HUD VASH program-Auburn office
Offers homeless or at risk of homelessness veterans with housing assistance information and Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouchers.
To refer a veteran call 877-4AID VET (877-424-3838).
- Connected with the Homeless Point of Contact at the nearest VA facility
- VA Medical Center
- Locate a local VA Medical Center now
Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can call or visit their local VA Medical Center (VAMC) and ask for a Homeless Coordinator. Use the VA locator tool www.va.gov/directory to find your nearest VAMC and call or visit today.
- Locations include:
- RENO VAMC
- Auburn VA Outpatient Clinic
- Lincoln Vet Center
- Hotline staff conducts a brief screening to assess needs.
- Family members and non-VA providers calling on behalf of a veteran will be provided with information regarding homeless programs and services currently available
- Contact information will be requested so that homelessness specialists at a VA facility (such as the Reno VA facility) can follow up and ensure a plan for assistance is created.
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Rental Assistance Voucher
- Voucher provides rental assistance to ensure an affordable rent for veteran and his/her household that is homeless or at-risk of homelessness