SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
5600 Fishers Lane
Spanish / Espanol
The National Disaster Distress Helpline is a multilingual, confidential helpline that offers crisis support services available to all U.S. disaster survivors or responders, 24/7, 365 days a year.
To connect with a trained crisis counselor:
Crisis counselors provide:
- Call 1-800-985-5990
- Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- For Spanish speaking callers, call 1-800-985-5990 and dial 2 for 24/7 bilingual support.
For more information, including access for Spanish speakers and anyone who is deaf/hard of hearing, please visit SAMHSA's Disaster Distress webpage: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline.
- Crisis counseling for people in emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
- Examples include: fires, storms, floods, earthquakes, droughts, disease outbreaks, or incidents of mass violence
- Information on how to recognize distress and its effects on individuals and families.
- Note: stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster.
- Tips for healthy coping.
- Referrals to local crisis call centers for additional follow-up care and support.