SPIRIT PEER EMPOWERMENT CENTER
276 Gates Place
Grass Valley, Nevada
Spirit Peer Empowerment Center offers support groups for people experiencing homelessness and/or mental health challenges.
Support services include:
- Staff can administer naloxone NARCAN in case of opioid overdose (naloxone is the drug, NARCAN is a brand)
- Housing Circle - assists with completing low income apartment applications, Craigslist searching, housing advocacy, and more. Call 530-274-1431 for meeting time info.
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) education, an eight week course supporting individuals to succeed at the goals they set for themselves, including looking at triggers and addictions and ways to get beyond them
- Food distribution to those in need
- Hot showers for program participants - They offer 5 showers per day, 10am-1:30pm. It's recommended to be there a bit before they open at 10am to get one as they are first come, first served. Shower is ADA-compliant, but not roll in. Please notify in advance if needed.
- Laundry facilities for program participants
- Clothing closet for essential needs
- Period products, also known as feminine hygiene, period, menstruation, or menstrual supplies or products
- Help with Medi-Cal, CalFresh, and housing applications.
Support groups for:
- Co-occurring disorders
- Identity Diversity (LGBTQ+)
- Men's group
- Women's group
- A diagnosis with dignity support group
- Anxiety and depression
Ongoing activities include:
- Restorative Yoga
- Beading for Wellness
- A Creative Expressions group
- Occasional movies in our media room
- A variety of games for people to play and puzzles to do