PROJECT GO, INC.
801 Vernon Street
Utility Payment Assistance
's Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP.) offers:
- Weatherization assistance
- Assistance to low-income residents to reduce their energy costs by installing attic and floor insulation, door weather-stripping, caulking, low flow water devices, energy efficient lighting, repairing or replacing defective heating/cooling units, water heaters, refrigerators, microwave ovens, or other appliances and minor home repairs.
- Wood/oil/propane assistance
- Utility (emergency and non-emergency) payment assistance. Amount of financial assistance depends on household size, income, amount of bill, and availability of funding. LIHEAP may be able to help with up to $1,000 for a bill that high or higher if funding is available. For income eligibility and program information, call (888) 524-5705 and follow the prompts (as applicable):
- If your utilities have been shut off or you have no propane: PRESS 1, when prompted.
- If you have received a 24 or 48-hour shutoff notice or 15-day notice: Enter 2, when prompted.
- For wood, propane or general assistance: Enter 3, when prompted.
- My heat will be shut off tomorrow. What should I do?
Call 888-524-5705 and follow the prompts shown above. The Energy Crisis Intervention Program provides payments for weather-related or energy-related emergencies, caused by natural disasters, or a significant increase in: (1) home energy supply shortages or disruptions; (2) the cost of home energy; (3) home energy disconnection (i.e. shut-off notices).
- I received assistance with my utility bill earlier this year. Can I receive assistance again?
Assistance is limited to one time every twleve (12) months.
: Office is NOT open to the public. Project Go accepts phone calls, faxes, emails and US Mail for inquiries and application processing.